potential transmission

I was at a public bath/sauna in Asia where men were sitting on plastic chairs and washing themselves, including shaving and brushing teeth (including spitting). I was unaware of the risk but I sat down on a tiny chair and felt a saliva like substance (thick mucus) on the chair rubbing against my penis urethra opening. I know hiv can be transmitted through your mucous membrane and I also know many people there spat after brushing their teeth, probably sometimes with traces of blood. After this incident, the tip of my penis irritated and was sensitive to the touch for 2 weeks, then a sore throat for 4 weeks and a tingling/pins/needles feeling on my palms and feet for 2 weeks. I'm at 10 weeks after this exposure. I tested negative at 5 weeks but am worried sick about seroconversion now. Is it feasible to get infected by spit containing blood touching the tip of your penis?

It's possible (by a real stretch of the imagination), but there's no evidence that HIV is transmitted this way. Remember, sex and sharing needles are the known routes of transmission for adults. HIV is not transmitted through casual contact.

It seems like you are searching for ways that you could have been exposed to HIV. This can be a symptom of underlying psychological problems (like an anxiety disorder). My suggestion: give up your quest to determine your HIV status based on this "incident" (even though you are likely to continue to worry about it) and begin to look at the anxiety that creates the concern. A mental health professional can be of use in a situation like this.

RMK

toilet water splash in eye
strange but possible?(please answer)