|hiv and herpes
Sep 28, 2002
Is the posibility of HIV transmission increased by a herpes outbreak? This is really a historical question for me. I appear to have gotten both at the same time.
| Response from Mr. Kull
It's possible that a person who is infected with herpes simplex virus will be more susceptible to HIV infection, especially if they are experiencing lesions (ie, an outbreak) where they are exposed to HIV infected fluids. HIV research has demonstrated that a history of sexually transmitted infections that cause genital lesions increases a person risk for HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Are Pimples A Sign Of A Std?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Acute HIV Infection And Oral Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.