|Am I still healthy
Sep 19, 2002
I have a little bump around my vagina and I don't know if it's a STD.
| Response from Mr. Kull
Little bumps occurring around the genital region can be quite normal. While you should avoid diagnosing yourself, you can avoid some anxiety by considering some important things:
1) Are you sexually active? If not, this is unlikely to be associated to an sexually transmitted infection.
2) Is this bump new, or is it something that has been there for as long as you can remember (most importantly, before you were sexually active) and you're just focussing on it now?
3) Are there any symptoms associated with this bump? Does it itch, hurt, burn, produce discharge, or are you experiencing fever, swollen glands, etc.? If you are experiencing other symptoms associated with this, you should see a doctor.
4) Have you had sexual contact with anyone who is at risk for sexually transmitted infections, or who has a history of STIs?
All of these questions should help you evaluate where you currently are. My default response is to always have these things checked out by a doctor, but in some cases that might not be necessary.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.