time needed after starting the pill to be effective
Sep 19, 2002
I'm still a virgin and I promised myself that before I ever had sex, I'd be on birth control. I'm just wondering how long I need to take it in order for it to fully work. I've heard that it can be a couple months. Is this true?
Response from Mr. Kull
Questions about pregnancy, birth control, and reproductive health should be directed to your OB/GYN or agencies that deal with those issues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Will A Condom Protect You From Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Meaning Of Chlamydia Igm Negative?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Do Herpes Warts First Look Like?
- What Antibiotics Are Used To Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.