dr ryan a non sexual tranmission............plzzz help ACCIDENTAL NEEDLE INJURY

HI

DOC I HAD A COLLISION WITH A WARD BOY IN THE HOSPITAL,THE NEEDLE,USED ONE,PUNCTURED THROUGH MY FOREARM,BLOOD CAME OUT?

NOW 50 DAYS LATER I HAVE A BAD COLD,HEADACHE ,MILD PAIN IN NECK,ITS A BIT STIFF,BUT I CAN MOVE IT AROUND,A MILD PAIN IN THROAT?BUT I DID NOT HAVE DAIREHHA AND FEVER WITH RASH AS OF I REMEMBER?PLZZ ADVICE

Your risk depends primarily on the HIV status of the person you had contact with, and if indeed you came into contact with his blood. The risk of transmission to you is unlikely, at best.

Data collected regarding HIV transmission to healthcare workers via accidental needle injuries show transmission is uncommon through this route. One source estimates a .3% risk of HIV infection after a needlestick exposure to HIV-infected blood. Only 56 confirmed cases of occupational transmission have occurred in the United States as of June 2000. Factors that might increase the risk of transmission are: depth of the puncture, size and type of needle (hollow-bore needles pose a greater risk), where the puncture occurs (vein and artery punctures are greater risk), and the viral load of the host. Punctures that produce spontaneous bleeding might pose a greater risk. A person who is in very early or late-stage of HIV disease is more likely to have a higher viral load, possibly increasing the risk to the person experiencing the needlestick injury

If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, please see a doctor. The only other thing you can do is get an antibody test when three months have elapsed since your exposure.

RMK

About the drug zithromax...
the