About the drug zithromax...

Hello Doctor Kull i read one of your recent answers from someone a few months ago and me and him had about the same question but i went to the doctor to get examined for a std gonerhea. well i didnt get actually tested i just told him of my symptoms and thats what he told me i had plus i was having unprotected sex as well with other males. iam a male myself. i had anorectal gonerhea. but anyways i took the drug my doctor prescirbed for me zithromaz as well as the shot in the butocks. i had four little pink pills and i was intructed to take all 4 at one time was i suppose to do that. now im having these crazy side effects its only been 4 days. im scared out my mind i read up on this drug it causes liver problems. but i hope its nothing to worry about but can u give me some insight on this if u can.....i hve the major side effects i read about nausea, loose bowels, itching in my anal area etc. help me out as much as u can. thanks a lot.

Taking one megadose of zithromax is not likely to cause any long term health problems for you. However, if your symptoms persist or if have any questions about side effects, talk with your doctor.

Doctors sometimes treat patients for STIs like gonorrhea or chlamydia without performing screening tests. Screening tests are not always accurate, and treatment has no negative consequences and can provide more rapid relief (instead of waiting for test results).

If you indeed have anorectal gonorrhea, you might be at increased risk for other STIs as well. It is important that you get screened for HIV infection, and consider screening for syphilis and vaccinated against hepatitis A and B.

RMK

I am worried very much...
dr ryan a non sexual tranmission............plzzz help ACCIDENTAL NEEDLE INJURY