I am worried very much...

Hi doc! I am 23 years old ( female ), and I had an unprotected sex with a guy almost before 4 years. This was my first time. When I asked him about his HIV status he said that no chance that he could be positive.... I have never tested myself yet. I think I didn't have any of the symptoms of an acute HIV infection. Of course I was ill in this four years but this passed away in at moust a week. Now I've a fever already for 9 days ( not a high one - 37.1 - 37.4 C ), I have a headache, and a litte nousea, fatigue, dizziness, I don't have a sore throat and trouble in swallowing..... What can this be? I read that people who actually have AIDS can have a long lasting fever, but they have other signs too, and they have it after 10 years after infection..... Thank you in advance...

The only way that you are going to be able to determine your HIV status is to have an antibody test performed three or more months after your last exposure. Trying to determine your status based on symptoms alone does not work.

If you have symptoms that persist, see a doctor.

RMK

Not Entirely Correct About Risk In Thailand
About the drug zithromax...