Desperately Seeking An Answer...For the Third Time

Doc, I am begging for your help for the third time. I appreciate ALL the sage advice you provide to everyone and hope that you can provide me the same.

Over the last eight months, I had eight experiences with seven different female escorts (two times with the same female). All of the experiences were protected vaginal sex and six of those, I performed unprotected oral sex on them. About a week after my last experience on July 13, 2002, I developed a low-grade cyclic fever for a month (never exceeding 98.8). Four days later, I had one night of night sweats. I also noticed some bumps on the back of my throat. My doctor said that the bumps were lymph node swelling from post-nasal drip and the fever was not a problem. The one night of night sweats caused a little concern, so he gave be a TB test...was negative. About a week later, I woke up with shoulder pains, slightly stiff neck, joint aches, nausea, headache that lasted for a week. Now, six weeks after my last experience, I feel a tingling in my throat (not a full-blown sore throat) and still have some joint aches (that go randomly between arms, elbows, ankles) and an occasional stiff neck and headache.

After reading ALL of your responses to other questions, I finally got the courage to get tested on this last Friday, August 30. I have to wait two long weeks for the results. I tested last year October 2001 and was negativeI understand that does not mean anything now since my latest exploits.

PLEASE, PLEASE help in this desperate time in which I find myself. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Waiting for HIV test results can be quite an anxiety provoking experience for anyone, regardless of the level of risk. Learning to tolerate and relieve the anxiety is crucial during this period. Exercise, deep breathing, taking a bath, watching an enjoyable film, or hanging out with friends are all examples of ways people relieve tension. If nothing works and the anxiety is disrupting your day-to-day life, consider seeing a mental health professional about your worries.

It is important that you remind yourself that you are at low risk for infection. The risk of HIV transmission through cunnilingus is quite low (only a few documented cases), so, if that's your only exposure, it's likely that your test result will be negative.

RMK

PEP termination
Share Experience with Others