Kissing.....Again

Dr Kull,

I have a question regarding kissing. I know based on what I have read that kissing someone who is HIV+ is fairly safe unless blood is in their mouth. Here is my question..You don't usually see people with dried blood on the side of their mouth for you to see and avoid so how likley is it that someone would have blood in their mouth and what amount would be cause for significant risk and what would the risk factor actually be?? I know this is a hard question to answer but your insight on this would help me and coutless others.. Thank you for your time now and in the forum.

There is no evidence that HIV is transmitted through kissing! Try not to obsess too much about all of the possibilities.

RMK

Incorrect condom use
a last question