condom burst completely....twice!!

Five months ago I had sex with a sex worker. The condom burst and we went for quite a while without noticing it. Then I put on another one and it popped but this time we heard it immediately. After that I decided to stop. Ever since then Ihave been extremely worried and I think about it every 20-30min. I got tested for std's and it they came out negative but I am still too scared to go for hiv. It seems that my neck glands are swollen (for some months now) although may be its because I have a painful tooth and what makes me most worried is that I got a cold recently and for the first time in my life (to my knowledge) I got a cold sore on my mouth.

Is there a high possibility I was infected. Before that encounter I only had had sex with 1 person. My status I knew then and it was negative.

Please answer I am really worried and am sure I am positive (hiv). Thanks for your time.

It's difficult to say if there's a high possibility of HIV infection in your case. The sex worker's HIV status will have the greatest relevance in determining your risk. Other than that, there are multiple factors that will influence transmission when having a sexual exposure to an HIV infected person. If the sex worker was HIV infected, transmission to you is clearly possible, but is not guaranteed. According to the CDC, condom breakage rarely results in HIV transmission.

Do you have an understanding of the reasons why the condoms are breaking? Are you putting them on yourself or are you relying on your partner to put the condom on? You might want to use condoms that you are comfortable with (bring your own), and make sure that there is enough lubrication during sexual intercourse.

The only way to determine you HIV status is to have an antibody test three months after your last exposure.

RMK

im peeing blood
10,000th TIME, SCARED, AM I AT RISK FROM HIV?