|Meaning of HIV
Aug 14, 2002
I would like to know what HIV stands for? I know that AIDS stands for Aquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Please could you mail me the answer. Thanks
| Response from Mr. Kull
HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus, the virus that causes AIDS. Being infected with HIV is not the same thing as "having" AIDS. When a person is infected with HIV, their immune system becomes unable to fight off infections and can develop certain types of cancers. For more information about HIV and AIDS, read through HIV/AIDS Basics & Prevention.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Having Tb Mean I Have Hiv?
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.