Meaning of HIV

I would like to know what HIV stands for? I know that AIDS stands for Aquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Please could you mail me the answer. Thanks

HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus, the virus that causes AIDS. Being infected with HIV is not the same thing as "having" AIDS. When a person is infected with HIV, their immune system becomes unable to fight off infections and can develop certain types of cancers. For more information about HIV and AIDS, read through HIV/AIDS Basics & Prevention.

RMK

oral
Transmission to Babies