Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Very worried: What is my risk?

Hello Dr. Kull: I am 25, male, and heterosexual. 6 years ago I made a terrible mistake of having unprotected insertive oral sex with a female prostitute. BUT, before this incident I had no sexual contact and this was my first and last. I have NEVER had any sexual contact since then. Am I at risk for HIV because of this one act with a prostitute? Thank you.

There is no evidence that HIV is transmitted through insertive oral sex. While the possibility of transmission always exists when you have sexual contact with an HIV infected person, it is not always likely, especially in the case of insertive oral sex. The main reason for this is that saliva is not a fluid that is implicated in HIV transmission. See Saliva as a barrier.

RMK

Safe Sex,Prevention.
abnormal vaginal discharge