|Dr. Kull, I'd really appreciate an answer!
Jul 28, 2002
Dear Dr.Kull, Is it possible to contract HIV by pre seminal fluid coming into contact with a superficial cut or abrasion on the skin. Your answer will be very much appreciated. Thank you very much, concerned.
| Response from Mr. Kull
It's possible, but unlikely. HIV is known to be sexually transmitted through vaginal, anal, and oral sex. The risk of transmission through fluid contact with cuts is low unless the wound is a deep, fresh wound.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush Sign Of Seroconversion
- What Is The Risk Of Touching An Open Scab?
- Can You Contract HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.