Scared College Bound Teen

This september i am going to be entering college, it is susposed to be a joyful time, but i have never felt more depressed in my life. I had never had ANY type of sexual conact until three months ago. A night of kissing turned sexual for me and my "boyfriend". He made an attempt to get his penis inside me, but it hurt to much so we stopped this took about 10 minutes. Ive always said never me but guess what. Recently i had diareha. I only go once a day but it was urgent and it happened three different times in a months time. For 2 mos my fingers and feet have been tingly and this is persistant. My back is so achy and my joints hurt. There were two days were my heart was pounding so rapidly i thought i was going to have a heart attack, i know this was a symptom of anxiety, but what about the other symptoms. This experience has already made me start having a bleak outlook on my life as if i am certain i have HIV and am going to die. I know your going to tell me not to self-diagnose but can you please give me your evaluation of this whole thing. This situation has showed me i am not ready for sex and need to focus on school not boys. please respond. Thank you

Okay, I won't tell you to self-diagnose. But I will tell you that when you are at college, make sure that you use the health and counseling services that are available to you to get symptoms checked out when they arise and talk about anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues that come up. Now that you are an independent young adult, you are going to have to take steps to be responsible for your own health care.

If there was no penetration during your sexual contact with your partner, it is highly unlikely that you would be at risk for infection with HIV. It sounds like you didn't have a great first experience with your boyfriend: could this in any way be related to your feelings of depression and anxiety?

Growing up and becoming sexual, especially in the age of HIV, can be very difficult. It is so crucial that you find support wherever you can to talk about sex and life as you begin your independent college life. This won't solve your problems, but might make them a little more manageable.

RMK

Jock Itch
Testing combo to rule out HIV