Jul 25, 2002
Is there a way that you can look at a person and be able to tell if that person has AIDS? Would there be a sore or something like that that you could go off of just by looking?
Response from Mr. Kull
Trying to determine a person's HIV status based on their appearance doesn't work. You should use latex condoms for sex with your partners, especially if your partner is infected or if you do not know what your partner's HIV status is.
Condom use is also important for reducing your risk for other sexually transmitted infections. Again, symptoms of sexually transmitted infections are not always visible, so in the absence of evidence, condom use is advisable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.