Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Another oral sex questions with a twist!
Jul 25, 2002

Ryan,

I just need a little advice: I had my bachelor party last weekend and it got crazy. My fiance had set quite liberal boundries and my 35+ freinds who came along pushed them to the max. After quite a bit of drinking we went to the Strip Clubs in the area. I was bought a multitude of lap dances and after that a lady there performed oral on me (without a condom, she swears she has never done that before... well we know how that goes, she even gave me her number and I only used it to ask her if she had been tested and if this was standard operating procedure for her... she said, "yes she had been tested and NO this is not what she normally does). Right after she finsihed I noticed a friction burn on my shaft, Her mouth appeared to by healthy. Through my research on this I think I am at low risk for these factors: 1) Saliva does not transmit HIV 2) The chances of her bleeding and me having a sore are small and saliva acts as a barrier to HIV (protiens) 3) I do not even know if she has HIV

My soon to be wife knows about all of the nights happenings and is very great with it. She thinks I am overreacting and need to calm down. I am SURE I am infected now. No symtpoms of ARS ( I KNOW NOT TO DIAGNOSE FROM SYMPTOMS). Ryan, shoot me straight! I need some help... I am a WEAK WEAK MAN!!! I spoke to the CDC and the HIV HOTLINE and both said I am at low risk...

Bless you and thank you!

Response from Mr. Kull

There's nothing else that I can say! You have all of the facts, HIV is not known to be transmitted through receiving oral sex, and it would be great if you could move on. However, the considerable anxiety you are experiencing in light of the knowledge that you are at tremendously low risk for infection suggests that some other psychological factors might be at play. Consider seeing a mental health professional to talk this out--who knows, you might find out that this is a case of cold feet.

RMK

Previous
Worried Sick, sick
Next
AIDS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.