Worried Sick, sick

Hi, Straight to the point. While traveling in Central America I was hospitalized with diarrhea, vomiting, chills/fever. That was over a month ago and still have mild diarrhea. I have just finished a round of antibiotics(metronidazole and levaquin). I have lost 10 pounds and have a low engry level. I am married and had unprotected sex with a girl about a year ago. Now I am going crazy that I might be HIV+. I'm due to be tested tomorrow, but I have to wait 2 weeks for the results. How good are the home test kits?

The HIV antibody home tests (in particular, the Home Access test) are reported to be highly accurate when used correctly (99.9% as reported by the company). Since earlier generation antibody test are used for home testing, this type of testing may not be as accurate as later generation tests that are used when you get your blood drawn. While this probably does not have major implications for most people, it is a factor to consider.

I can't predict what your test results will be, but it is important to remember that one episode of unprotected sex does not pose great odds for transmission of HIV to you, and the symptoms that you experienced are not necessarily indicative of HIV infection.

Even if there is a remote risk for HIV infection, it is important to use condoms with your partners.

RMK

Thanks to Kull - Negative
Another oral sex questions with a twist!