Blood Donation Question

Hi Ryan-

I know that donated blood to a faction such as the Red Cross is tested for HIV and other STDs/infectious diseases. Although I know that a blood test by donating blood is no substitute for an HIV antibody or STD test, I need to know, would the donor of infected blood be notified of his/her infection? The reason I ask is because I am sexually involved with a girl who gives blood every year and am curious. Thanks!!!

The Red Cross' policy is to notify individuals if the testing process detects infections in a person's donated blood. People are notified by mail and are urged to see their doctor for further testing and evaluation.

This is not a foolproof process, so a person's HIV status (or hepatitis, syphilis, etc) should not be determined by the absence of a response from the Red Cross after a blood donation.

RMK

received oral sex and got a cut on my penis
help- seeking info.-help.