received oral sex and got a cut on my penis

Hi - I have been reading this forum for a while and very much appreciate the information you include. I have read several times that receiving oral sex carries a practically negligible risk, and so I made the decision to allow someone I was hooking up with to perform oral sex on me. When I got home later, I noticed a few drops of blood on my underwear and noticed that toward the bottom of the shaft of my penis was a very small cut that had apparently had bled, but had stopped bleeding. The cut is maybe 2-3 mm in diameter, at the very base of my penis. I am now extremely worried about the risk of hiv infection. Is there a chance that i have contracted hiv?

Thank you for your help!

It's understandable that you would feel anxious, but it is important to remember that there is no evidence that HIV is transmitted through contact with saliva. The saliva of HIV infected people contains little to no virus, and the virus that is found in saliva is often inactive (not infectious). Studies have found that a protein in saliva, as well as other attributes of saliva, inactivates HIV (up to 90% of virus was inactivated in one test tube study).

This means that saliva coming into contact with a small, superficial cut poses a very small risk for transmission.

RMK

Medications effects on HIV test
Blood Donation Question