Allergic to Condoms?

Is it possible for a woman to be allergic to condoms? I ask this because after my partner and I have sex using a condom with in a couple of days I have symptoms similar to a yeast infection and over the counter medicatiosn do not help. Could it be something else? My doctor "never" sees anything when I go in for my visits.

Vaginitis can be related to allergic reactions, and you could be experiencing an allergic reaction to latex. You could also be experiencing irritation to the lubrication, and specifically the spermicide, that is found on some brands of latex condoms. Try unlubricated latex condoms, and, in addition, use a brand of lubricant that doesn't contain nonoxynol-9 (K-Y Jelly might be the best place to start). Nonoxynol-9 is known to cause irritation to mucuous membranes, and might increase the risk of transmission of HIV if there is a simultaneous exposure to infected fluids.

RMK

Herpes I = Herpes II
spit