Performing oral sex and menstruation

Hi, thanks for your column... I gave oral sex to a woman and then we had protected vaginal sex. It turned out that she had her period just after we finished. The condom was unbroken and there was no blood there, and I did not taste anything like blood during cunnilingus. Now, should I consider myself as being exposed to her menstrual blood via oral sex? I am asking because she had her period after we finished. Could you please let me know if my risk has increased? Thank you so much.

If you did not get blood in your mouth, then the timing of her period is not so relevant. In order for your risk to be increased, menstrual blood would have to come into contact with your mouth.

It is also important to take into account your partner's risk for infection with HIV. If she is not infected, there is no risk of transmission.

RMK

11 weeks (2 months 3 weeks)
CAN HIV BE PASSED THROUGH SALIVA?