11 weeks (2 months 3 weeks)
Jul 15, 2002
Are hiv antibody tests accurate after three months of possible exposure? I had my tests 1 week before three month time, Is it the same? Thank you doctor 4 ur time.
Response from Mr. Kull
People ask questions like yours quite a bit in this forum. My suggestion to everyone: to reduce your doubts, get tested exactly three or more months after your exposure. Otherwise, you'll be second guessing your test result.
You are going to have to decide for yourself if you are comfortable with your test result. It is quite unlikely that it is a false negative, but if you adhere strictly to the CDC guidelines, the test result is not definitive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute And Negative HIV Test
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.