Is Hiv a Medium of water?

Greeting Ryan M. kull, Wonderful and resouceful web page you have! By the way my name is Ralph and I am a medical student from singapore. I have a few doubts hope you can help me out.

I have some question relating to HIV to ask. There is only two Scenario and 1 question.

Scenario 1, If someone has open rash on his feet (between his toes) and he bath with a HIV+ victim, presume the Victim is sexually arouse and produce some vaginal fuild, is there a chance for tap water to carry the HIV from the vagina to the open rashes and cause an infection?

Scenario 2, Research show that sharing drinks will not transmit HIV. But if we presume a HIV+ victim has a cut on his/her lips and he/she share a glass of water with another person with cut on his/her lips will the virus be transmitted. In another words is water a media of HIV.

For my last question can HIV enter scab of a wound? Eg if you got a cut and it has already form a scab (dried blood) can it still cause an infection?

A sincere thank you in advance and I hope to heard from you soon. : )

Warmest Regards

Instead of going into too much detail on each of your questions, let me try to give a general formula for transmission:

In order for transmission to be possible, infected fluids (blood, semen, vaginal secretions) need to come into contact with mucous membranes (primarily the lining of the vagina, rectum, mouth, throat, and urethra). The contact between fluids and mucous membranes is usually direct, as HIV does not survive in the environment very long. This is why we don't see transmission happening through casual contact (shaking hands, contact with inanimate objects like doorknobs and toilet seats).

HIV is only known to be transmitted through the following events:

1) Sexual contact: anal, vaginal, and oral (to the person whose mouth is on the gentials).

2) Blood-to-blood contact: injection needles, healthcare workers, and blood products (transfusions).

3) Mother-to-infant: perinatal, vertical, breast feeding.

HIV will not survive in water long. HIV needs a human host to survive, and infected fluids exposed to water will become diluted and uninfectious rather quickly.

RMK

does anal sex cause HIV?
very anxious