New Studies

All of these new studies that have come out saying that most young people whoare infected do not know they are infected. One reason why young people don't get tested is because they stated they believed that they were in "low risk" categories. Do you know what that means. Are they catching it some other way?

I have not read the study to which you are referring, but I can elaborate based on a rudimentary understanding I have about the study.

A study conducted among 5,000+ young gay men (ages 15-29) found that among those who were infected with HIV (n=550), 77% did not know they were infected. Most of the men who were unaware of their status were black or Hispanic. Most of these men perceived themselves at low-risk for infection, but in fact were having high-risk sex (unprotected anal sex).

This study does not indicate any "new" modes of transmission. It simply highlights the continuing threat that HIV poses to the gay community and the continuing needs for funding and development of prevention efforts targeted towards young gay men.

RMK

Worried and confused
late conversion