Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

window period and swollen glands
Jul 8, 2002

Dear doctor

I had unprotected vaginal sex with a girl of my age and i am uncertain of our HIV stattus. I got an HIV test done at 11 weeks after the possible exposure and she did also about 2 weeks befor I went to do my test, we both came out HIV Negative. Since i was a little child I have allways been terified of getting infected with HIV and ive allways been paranoid about it, so I wanted to know: What is the average time it takes a teen (17) living in north america to develope HIV Antibodies and to be able to detect them with an HIV test? Also I wanted to know about the swollen glands, i have one swollen gland on the right side of my neck and one under my jaw on the left side, What does this mean? I havnt had any flu like symptoms or night sweats since the time i had sex with her i just got these swollen glands and a caugh which is sore once in a while but it goes away, but i also been smokeing for a year now, could that have something to do with it?I also poo not too watery but not as solid as normal,is is this anything or is it just my diet of junk? Sorry my question was quite long but i got just one more Where are the lymph glands located on the groin and armpits? thanks doc please help me on these questions as soon as possible im 17 and im soo woried about these things i got a long life to live and i cant find the answers anywhere.

PLEASE HELP

Response from Mr. Kull

If you and your partner have only had sexual contact with each other in the three months prior to your antibody tests, then you are both HIV negative (as indicated by the tests). In that case, your symptoms are not related to HIV.

If you have ongoing symptoms that you are concerned about, please see a doctor.

RMK

Previous
Unsafe sex with hiv +
Next
PLease help.I need your advice

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.