Semen on worn shoe!
Jun 28, 2002
Probably a silly question, but one that has been giving me some anxiety. While in an adult video store booth I mistakenly stepped in what appeared to be semen on the floor from previous customer.
I didn't give it much thought at first, however later I noticed two worn areas on the sole of my shoe. Would it be possible for the semen to penetrate through these worn areas?
I didn't notice any wetness in my shoe or unusual odor when I took them off later in the day. I was also wearing socks and the skin on my feet appeared to be fine (no cuts or abrassions)Any risk for HIV exposure?
Thanks for your help.
Response from Mr. Kull
There is no risk for HIV transmission in your case. In determining your risk, there are two main points to consider:
1) Fluids implicated in transmission--blood, semen, and vaginal secretions--came into direct contact with your mucous membranes or bloodstream
2) Transmission is only known to occur during anal, vaginal and oral sex, sharing injection needles or accidental exposures to blood in healthcare settings, and from mother to infant
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of AIDS?
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.