an unsuspected kiss

I was recently at a gay club and a man kept coming over to me and wanting to touch me. He asked me to kiss him and I refused repeatedly. Him and I started to talk and I finally agreed to give him a kiss. During our conversation he said that he would like to get together sometime and I agreed but with no definate answer. He told me that he was drug and disease free but I honestly have no way of knowing for sure due to the fact that I have only been chatting with him for a couple of hours. When we parted ways, I finally agreed to give him a kiss but when I did he slipped his tongue slightly into my mouth at which point his tongue touched the tip of mine and I pulled away. I had a tiny canker sore on the tip of my tongue. I know that the risk of catching HIV/AIDS from kissing someone is extremely difficult but I just want to make sure. Is it possible that a canker sore on my tongue could be an outlet? I am in a relationship with someone that I love dearly and do not want to possibly transmit anything to him. I have basically equated the kiss to the same as drinking from the same glass. Am I wrong in doing so? I am concerned but I also think it may be my conscience bothering me more. Please help ease my mind by answering my query. I had no intention of ever meeting this person but was trying to be nice as not to hurt his feelings. So, could I catch HIV/AIDS from this kiss because of the canker even though it was minimal? Also the canker was NOT bleeding and the last time that I had brushed my teeth was at least a few hours before. Again please help.

It doesn't matter who or what you are kissing, HIV is not known to be transmitted through that sort of contact. Period.

See kissing for more info.

RMK

Question about herpes2......
PLEASE ANSWER, I AM BEING IGNORED