Anonymous idiot DESPERATELY needs help.

Hi, I have posted about 40 questions which never get answered. My concern is that I have tested out to 16 months via ELISA only (Never had a PCR whatever) and have been negative. The last test was for HIV 1 and 2.

My concern is that you keep saying you should quit after 6 months unless your symptoms are indicative of HIV. You never explain what these symptoms are.

I have had swollen glands under the jaw and below the ear for the entire time. I now have what feels like swelling behind the knees and hard nodules in the groin crease.

My doctor finally relented and let me get a biopsy of the marble like lumps in my upper and lower lips. (My dentist noticed the glands were swollen although my doctor still won't admit it).

You can see the glands clearly outlined under the ear and jaw. The MRI came back that I had swollen salivary glands and the biopsy showed non-specific..

Please please please answer me so I can either get another test or move on. Would these definitely be salivary glands and not lymph glands? Would the biopsy have showed something specific if it is HIV? I was told my condition is "Chronic inflammation of the salivary glands" and don't worry about it.

Don't worry about it? Come on, you would...

I know you get hundreds of emails but I can't rest until I know what is going on with me. I am at my wits end and really need your help.

My exposure was unprotected vaginal with a girl with a checkered and promiscuous past. I have had no exposures since then due to fear. I was with her several times over a two week period.

I have also lost about 10lbs over the last month but would not class that as a huge loss.

I would totally appreciate you taking the time to tell me what I should do.

Thanks very much.

Negative testing as far as 16 months after exposure means that you are HIV negative. If one has ongoing symptoms that are unexplained, they should work closely with their doctor to determine the cause of their symptoms. You have been doing that, which is good. If your doctors are saying that your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV, you should try to trust them. In terms of HIV, there is nothing else you need to do.

You sound terribly anxious. Please consider evaluating your anxiety with a professional.

RMK

Therapy for dealing with mixed relationship issues
Theoretical Trauma?