Terrorist spread aids?
Jun 20, 2002
I am more curious than worried about this.......I was eating some strawberries with juice out of a can. Being red I wondered if terroist could use these kinds of foods as transport for infecting aids? I know it may sound silly but these people seem very cold hearted so was wondering if that is possible. Thanks
Response from Mr. Kull
No, HIV cannot be spread through the methods you describe. Transmission of HIV is only possible if HIV infected FLUIDS (blood, semen, vaginal secretions) come into contact with MUCOUS MEMBRANES (the lining of the vagina, rectum, mouth, urethra) or directly with your BLOODSTREAM. Skin is a barrier to HIV.
It's important to remember that HIV is only known to be transmitted through the following three ways:
1) Sexual contact: anal, vaginal, and oral sex
2) Blood-to-blood contact: sharing injection needles, occupational exposures, blood transfusions (which is rare in the U.S.).
3) Mother-to-infant: either through delivery or during breast feeding
HIV does not survive outside of a human host long enough to be transmitted through food. Please see Survivial of HIV in the Environment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Happens If Chlamydia Is Left Untreated?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
- Vitamin B12 And Herpes Infection
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.