early symptom--diarrhea

Hello Ryan,

I am terrified...I had sex with a sex worker and after 9 weeks of that am having diarrhea now.

I read all the posts and in no place has diarrhea been mentioned as a hiv early symptom. I am guessing this could be the result of a anxiety/extreme worried condition.

I had a condom on at that time,we had 5 minutes of vaginal intercourse ONLY.

Please throw some light on this.

Very worried. Hopeful.

Determining your HIV status based on symptoms that are commonly experienced by people, like diarrhea, especially in the absence of other symptoms, is a fruitless pursuit. This is especially true if you risk for infection is low (which in your case it is). Gastrointestinal problems are often linked to anxiety, but you should see your doctor if your diarrhea continues.

RMK

Anal Sex?
Terrorist spread aids?