|hiv testing and autoimmune disorders
Jun 17, 2002
Hi Ryan, thank you for the great site. I was wondering if an HIV antibody testing can be effected by diseses such as Crohn's and other immune disorders. Thank You.
| Response from Mr. Kull
It's possible that a person with autoimmune disease would have an indeterminate result (result cannot be interpreted as being positive or negative). Autoimmune disease should not cause an antibody test to be falsely negative if the person being tested is actually infected with HIV. False positives are so rare that it should not be a concern.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Cancer From A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.