HIV PCR will it detect hiv?

HI,

I had a HIV PCR test done after a sexual exposure 6 weeks prior.But now i have developed lumps in the back of my throat and a coated toungue. I looked at the receipt for the test to find out it stated "PCR HIV 1" so i assume that this test would not pick up hiv2?

im very scared and going to get tested

Unless you have had a definite exposure to a person infected with HIV and your doctor suspects symptoms of acute HIV infection, PCR testing is not necessary. It is unlikely that you are infected with HIV (based on your PCR results), but an antibody test at three months should give you a definitive answer.

RMK

Post exposure prophlaxis and testing
Tiny pink