Jun 12, 2002
Can chlamydia remain dormant, like say I test negative and possibly still have it?? please help
Response from Mr. Kull
It is possible to have a chlamydia infection and not experience symptoms; this is the case for approximately 75% of women and 50% of men. For this reason, screening for chlamydia is increasingly recommended, especially for at risk women. Advances in screening methods have increased the sensitivity of tests for asymptomatic chlamydia, so if you tested negative it is unlikely that you are infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Had Intercourse With An Hiv Positive Man
- What Does A Lack Of Serum Reactivity To An Hiv Test Mean?
- How Long Does It Take For Megace To Stimulate Appetite?
- Will My Hair Grow Back After Syphilis Treatment?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- Will A Shot Get Rid Of My Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.