could i get chlamydia

There is this girl at school and she and I are mutually interested in each other. There are rumors, just rumors that she might have chlamydia. Now I am not stupid enough to have sex with her, since it is high risk. But could I get it from her be making out, or receving oral sex, fingering her?

I don't know if this girl has chlamydia or not, but I do know one thing: kids at school can be pretty cruel. Besides, that rumor sounds quite circumspect. If this girl was diagnosed with chlamydia by a healthcare professional, I would assume that she would be treated and cured. Chlamydia is curable with the appropriate medication.

Chlamydia is transmitted from mucous membrane contact (the urethra of your penis) with infected fluids or mucous membranes of an infected person (vaginal fluids or vagina, in this case). It is possible, but unlikely, that a person could have a chlamydia infection in their throat and transmit it to a person's genital through oral sex. Chlamydia is not transmitted through kissing or fingering.

If you don't know a person's risk for infection with STIs, it's best to practice safer sex. But there's something odd about expecting her, because of this rumor, to just service you (maybe she heard you had an STI as well?). What if you talked with her about sexually transmitted infections before you hook up, and take it from there?

RMK

Sex Toy Safety
New Oral Study