Deep Kissing w. Hand Job

Dear Dr. Krull,

8 weeks ago I attended a message parlour. During this "low risk" encounter, I engaged in open mouth kissing, sucking of nipples and fingering this lady whilst been given a handjob.

A few days following this meeting, I am experiencing muscle aches in my chest, arms and legs, general weakness as well as a mild fever up to 99 on and off. These feelings have lasted for more than 8 weeks now. The question I pose is should I be tested for HIV infection. I am extremely anxious and have read with great interest, your comments on open mouth kissing and fingering. I have also read the information on mononucleosis in an attempt to explain some of my symptoms. I developed a cough with phlegm two weeks after this incident with slighly enlarged lymph nodes in my neck and left upper torso.

I would greatly appreciate an answer from you and truly appreciate this site and your expertise and inciteful answers.

HIV testing is not indicated for the types of exposures you describe (kissing, fingering). HIV is only known to be transmitted sexually through vaginal, anal, and oral sex.

If you continue to experience unexplained symptoms, please see a doctor. If there is no explanation for your symptoms, consider the connection between anxiety and how you feeling physically.

RMK

Treatment after unprotected oral sex
woman receiving oral sex