The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Deep Kissing w. Hand Job

Jun 4, 2002

Dear Dr. Krull,

8 weeks ago I attended a message parlour. During this "low risk" encounter, I engaged in open mouth kissing, sucking of nipples and fingering this lady whilst been given a handjob.

A few days following this meeting, I am experiencing muscle aches in my chest, arms and legs, general weakness as well as a mild fever up to 99 on and off. These feelings have lasted for more than 8 weeks now. The question I pose is should I be tested for HIV infection. I am extremely anxious and have read with great interest, your comments on open mouth kissing and fingering. I have also read the information on mononucleosis in an attempt to explain some of my symptoms. I developed a cough with phlegm two weeks after this incident with slighly enlarged lymph nodes in my neck and left upper torso.

I would greatly appreciate an answer from you and truly appreciate this site and your expertise and inciteful answers.

Response from Mr. Kull

HIV testing is not indicated for the types of exposures you describe (kissing, fingering). HIV is only known to be transmitted sexually through vaginal, anal, and oral sex.

If you continue to experience unexplained symptoms, please see a doctor. If there is no explanation for your symptoms, consider the connection between anxiety and how you feeling physically.


Treatment after unprotected oral sex
woman receiving oral sex

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint