HPV reinfection in monogomous relationship

I was diganosed with LSIL 6 years ago, had colpo & cryo done. Paps have been normal since, until this year, May 2002. I have not had my HPV typed, but I have never had visible warts, just cervical abnormalities. I have been with my husband for 6 years, he was a virgin before me, so I am sure he didn't give this to me. I am wondering if after treatment from this cervical outbreak of HPV if my husband and I can continue to have unprotected sex, or if he will reinfect me since I most likely gave him my HPV virus?

You shouldn't assume that your husband was infected with HPV. Unless he exhibits symptoms (there's really no other way to tell if someone is infected with HPV), it's probably best to assume that he is still at risk for infection while you are having outbreaks. The risk for transmission is still there when you are not experiencing lesions, but the odds of that are unclear (at least much lower than if lesions are present).

The decision about condom use will have to be made between you and your husband. Consider using condoms until you are clear that treatment has worked. To minimize risk of transmission between the two of you on an ongoing basis, condom use is recommended.

my doctor says i have thrush but not HIV
Treatment after unprotected oral sex