|hpv or herpes affect hiv test?
May 30, 2002
hello and thank you, I had unprotected oral sex(no semen)but pre semen,With a high risk hiv person,so I got tested 5 mo. later and result was negative.I have hpv and possibly herpes. Could having those virus interfere with hiv test results? Also could taking in small amount of virus take longet than 6 mos. to detect?
| Response from Mr. Kull
Being infected with HPV or herpes will not affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.