hpv or herpes affect hiv test?
May 30, 2002
hello and thank you, I had unprotected oral sex(no semen)but pre semen,With a high risk hiv person,so I got tested 5 mo. later and result was negative.I have hpv and possibly herpes. Could having those virus interfere with hiv test results? Also could taking in small amount of virus take longet than 6 mos. to detect?
Response from Mr. Kull
Being infected with HPV or herpes will not affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Gas A Symptom Of Hepatitis C?
- Is Two Weeks After Having Sex Too Early To Get Tested For Hiv?
- Using Soap As A Lubricant With Condoms And Hiv Risk
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- What Organism Causes Genital Warts?
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.