pierced nipple exposure
May 29, 2002
I recently had an encounter with a woman I do not know the HIV status of. She had pierced nipples and I briefly licked on one of them. Is this a route for exposure? I know "casual contact" is not an avenue of transmission, but if she was infected and the piercing wound was open, would I be at risk? Also, I think what you are doing here is great, keep up the good work.
Response from Mr. Kull
Unless your mouth was coming into direct contact with HIV infected blood in the encounter you describe, you are not at risk for infection through licking a pierced nipple.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge Sign Of Seroconversion
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.