Extremely Worried. Need an Answer
May 29, 2002
Would you be so kind as to put my mind to rest? You state that auto immune conditions can cause false negative antibody tests. This scares me because there are so many people out there with some kind of auto immune condition (diabetes, lupus, hypothyroidism, crohn's etc.etc.) Does this mean that many people have the chance of having a false negative hiv test? Or are there just certain auto immune conditions that affect antibody production or the window period? Please answer, i am scared and need to know.
Response from Mr. Kull
Autoimmune diseases are more likely to yield an indeterminate result. Autoimmune disease should not cause an antibody test to be falsely negative if the person being tested is actually infected with HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.