May 28, 2002
I had a low risk contact to a person I did not know of the status (deep mouth kissing). I know that she has a very wide connection with people all over the world. I did the HIV-1 test and it came back negative. I am just wandering if HIV 2 can transmit through kissing. Since I am not sure if she had a relationship with somebody from west africa, is it necessary for me to get a HIV2 test? Thanks.
Response from Mr. Kull
HIV is not known to be transmitted through kissing, so HIV testing for HIV-1 or HIV-2 is not necessary.
See Kissing for more information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.