Prednisone & ELISA
May 17, 2002
I know you have tone of questions to answer, but can high doses of prednisone (60 mg)affect ELISA test outcome, giving a false negative? How about ALdara cream - - can it give a false positive? Thanks
Response from Mr. Kull
I am not aware of any medications that will affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Dizziness Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.