lesbians and the connection between oral and vaginal thrush

I am a female who has been married to a male for a number of years. Two weeks ago I started a relationship with another woman. We had a very passionate w'end together which involved a lot of oral sex. My girlfriend ended up with vaginal thrush and I had a strange ulcer type thing under my tongue, my mouth became very sensitive and kinda vaguely lumpy and i got a coldsore! We didn't think the two were necessarily connected. Today though we had oral sex again for the first time since that w'end and now she has thrush and my mouth has gone all sensitive again! What is going on??? surely they must be related?

Thrush (oral candidiasis) is not common in healthy adults. Someone who is not immune compromised is unlikely to experience thrush. Candida, the fungus that causes candidiasis, normally exists in a person's mouth but is kept under control by normal bacteria. Certain illnesses--like HIV and cancer--use of medications, and possibly stress, can lead to oral thrush. So, experiencing thrush after cunnilingus is possible, but unlikely and rare.

This does not mean that one or both of you has HIV or some other illness. However, you may want to see a doctor to get the appropriate diagnoses and treatment.

RMK

defining casual contact
testing question