Please help

Dr. Kull i know you are very busy and you most received tons e-mails just like mine, but you see i've been reading and i;ve got more confused, afraid and anxious. Here is my case:

I had vaginal sex with a prostitute wearing a latex condom all the time and the intercourse lasted no more de 10 min. the condom did not suffer no damage whatsoever and she told me she got tested every 6 month but i think that is irrelevant on her case. What i understand if a condom does not brake,fall of or rips you are out of danger but what are the my chances of being infected anyway? i know about the people who used a condom correctly with a person who was HIV+ and did not get infected or if they did they were very little... i've heard that story! but i want your own opinion on these, a hotline on AIDS told me no to get tested cause i had nothing (cause i used a condom) please answer me, i have a wife and i am filling very guilty about these situation, she wants to have kids with me and i really want the same thing but i keep telling her no, so i can still use the condom.

Your own opinion, please doctor don't put more examples just your opinion as an expert.

Thank You very much.

Latex condoms have been proven to be highly effective in reducing the risk of HIV transmission during intercourse. Laboratory studies demonstrate that HIV cannot pass through the pores of a latex condom. Human studies have shown that people who always use condoms for intercourse greatly reduce their risk for infection. In fact, some studies showed that people who always used condoms with their HIV positive partner never became infected.

It is difficult to say why some people became infected when using a condom. If condoms were not used during oral sex, it is possible that HIV was transmitted through that route, but it is unlikely. It is also possible that a condom was not used correctly, did not remain intact during sexual intercourse, or was not used at all. It is rare for HIV to be transmitted when a latex condom is used correctly.

If you use a latex condom throughout intercourse and you use it correctly, it is highly unlikely that you would become infected with HIV. See Condom Used Properly for more info.

RMK

water and masturbation
yellow tongue