HomeAccess results by mail after calling in

Hi! I don't have a question but I just wanted to get the word out to those who have recently done an HIV test through Home Access. Home Access is now offering those who have already called in for their test results to request to receive their results by e-mail (in PDF format) or through regular mail. All you have to do is get the appropriate address/e-mail address off the Home Access web site and send in your code number through whichever means you would like to receive a copy of the results. I tested about seven months ago and was just yesterday able to receive those results. And just as a warning, so you dont get too big of a shock when you get the results, they do have a disclaimer on the results sheet that talks about the 6 month window period for antibodies to show up. It sort of threw me but then I realized that Home Access offers a service and, in my opinion, in order to protect these services legally it must use the most conservative recommendations. I tested at 13 weeks post possible exposure and, although yourself and many experts say that 3 months is sufficient, it was really nice to have tangible evidence of my negative results. Thanks!

Thanks for the information.

For more information about Home Access testing, see Home Test.

RMK

oral sex the same as kissing ?
Blood from penis during ejaculation