Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HomeAccess results by mail after calling in
May 2, 2002

Hi! I don't have a question but I just wanted to get the word out to those who have recently done an HIV test through Home Access. Home Access is now offering those who have already called in for their test results to request to receive their results by e-mail (in PDF format) or through regular mail. All you have to do is get the appropriate address/e-mail address off the Home Access web site and send in your code number through whichever means you would like to receive a copy of the results. I tested about seven months ago and was just yesterday able to receive those results. And just as a warning, so you dont get too big of a shock when you get the results, they do have a disclaimer on the results sheet that talks about the 6 month window period for antibodies to show up. It sort of threw me but then I realized that Home Access offers a service and, in my opinion, in order to protect these services legally it must use the most conservative recommendations. I tested at 13 weeks post possible exposure and, although yourself and many experts say that 3 months is sufficient, it was really nice to have tangible evidence of my negative results. Thanks!

Response from Mr. Kull

Thanks for the information.

For more information about Home Access testing, see Home Test.

RMK

Previous
oral sex the same as kissing ?
Next
Blood from penis during ejaculation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.