tongue pierced

I am thinking of getting my tongue pierced. Could you please tell me how long I have to wait to have oral sex with my partner(female). If I do have oral sex with her to early what are some of the risks?

Before you get your tongue pierced, educate yourself about the pros and cons of doing so. It is not a simple process, can have some unpleasant consquences, and takes some care and time to heal properly. Talk to people you know who have had their tongue pierced to get some useful tips.

Tattooing and body piercing practices are not regulated in the U.S. When you are shopping for a body piercing specialist it is important that you ask about their sterilization techniques. Better to go to a place that is well-known where others had good experiences. HIV isn't the biggest concern here; there is no evidence that HIV has been transmitted through tattooing or piercing. The NIH has cautioned against oral piercing as a factor in hepatitis B, C, D and G transmission.

Be on the lookout for prolonged bleeding or infection after you have your tongue pierced. See a doctor immediately if you have any concerns.

During the time that a tongue piercing is healing, you could be at increased risk for HIV infection when performing oral sex on a partner. It can take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks, and possibly longer, for oral piercings to fully heal. You should not engage in oral sex during that period, unless you are using condoms or other barrier methods.

RMK

Oral Sex ( Asia)
5 days after