Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral Sex ( Asia)
Apr 29, 2002

Dear Dr, It has been 12week since my last exposure.I was tested negative at 3 weeks & 6 weeks.I have just done a 12week test and awaiting for my results. The exposure that i had was oral sex, a sex worker performed blow job on me. I am sick worried about this.I am infact getting mad thinking about this.I have not had any symtoms.Will my test result come back negative ? Pls advice.

Response from Mr. Kull

Sexual transmission of HIV through oral sex is known to be transmitted to the person performing oral sex, and not the person receiving oral sex. The saliva of HIV infected people is not know to lead to transmission. See Saliva as a Barrier for more information.

HIV antibody testing is accurate 3 months or more after exposure. It is not necessary to get tested prior to that point unless you know that you have been exposed to HIV and strongly suspect infection. In that case, you should see a doctor.

RMK

Previous
3 or 6 months? I'm confused
Next
tongue pierced

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.