3 or 6 months? I'm confused

Dear Ryan, Please please anwswer me. I'm the married guy who had oral sex performed on me in Connecticut last week by an oriental massage parlor girl girl who used a comdom and am still worried. Your column is very helpful as well as the various hotlines. I am very anxious and hoping for an answer--apart from mental health what is the need to get tested, and what effectively is the difference between testing at three and six months? I am getting different recommendations. Also does standard testing cover both HIV I and II, and if not, do I need to request both? I would be very grateful if you could answer as I am extremely anxious. Thanks

You should not assume that standard antibody testing in the United States covers HIV-1 and 2 infection, although it is becoming more standard. You should check with your individual test provider before you get tested if you are interested in being screened for HIV-2.

The CDC guidelines state the testing is accurate at or greater than 3 months following exposure. No further testing is indicated unless it is suggested by a medical professional.

RMK

Peeing after sex
Oral Sex ( Asia)