Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Last Time
Apr 25, 2002

Ryan, I have asked a number of questions, hoping to increase my odds of having at least one of them answered, but this will be my last try. Please answer this, as it is the most important one that I need answered. My question is, do I need to get tested for HIV after ONE exposure? A guy and I were performing mutual masturbation on each other. There was definitly pre-cum on his hand and then he did cum, but wiped it on his shorts and then proceded to masturbate me with the same hand right after he came. So, please help me. It was a one-time incident and will not happen again. I just need to know...thanks.

Response from Mr. Kull

HIV testing is not recommended for people who do not have exposures associated with HIV transmission and infection. HIV is known to be sexually transmitted through anal, vaginal, and oral sex, and not through mutual masturbation.

RMK

Previous
am i likely to get infected????
Next
HTLV I/II

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.