Apr 23, 2002
I feel that I can develope the symptoms of a disease, like HIV. Do doctors believe in Somatization? I got cold and then I start reading the symptoms of ARS. Now there is no possible symptom of ARS that I have not developed. But all the symptoms appeared after I read them. I am very confused.
| Response from Mr. Kull
If you believe that your symptoms are psychosomatic (the process of psychological conflict causing physical symptoms), an appropriate treatment would be professional mental health counseling. This could include psychotherapy, psychiatric consultation, or other forms of mental health treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Have Psychosomatic Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.