Apr 23, 2002
I feel that I can develope the symptoms of a disease, like HIV. Do doctors believe in Somatization? I got cold and then I start reading the symptoms of ARS. Now there is no possible symptom of ARS that I have not developed. But all the symptoms appeared after I read them. I am very confused.
Response from Mr. Kull
If you believe that your symptoms are psychosomatic (the process of psychological conflict causing physical symptoms), an appropriate treatment would be professional mental health counseling. This could include psychotherapy, psychiatric consultation, or other forms of mental health treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Painful Swollen Lymph Nodes In Back Of Head Sign Of HIV?
- Can Lymph Nodes Swelling Be The Only Symptom?
- Can Vaginal Fluid On The Condom Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.